Turning 25 is a completely different story though. The age clock seems to tick so fast that I’m not looking forward to my next multiple of 5 anytime soon.
Inspired from Noah Stokes, I decided to write my own list of twenty five things that I have learned in twenty five years. Here it goes:
– Find people who inspire you and copy them.
– If you regret not starting a year earlier, you should be starting it now.
– Stress gives you bad dreams.
– If you can’t explain it to a kid, you don’t know it yourself.
– On your death bed, you wish you had spent more time with your family.
– Planning sets you up, but putting a strict deadline takes you to the finish line.
– Learn the basics.
– Relationships take time. And courage. And dedication.
– Sometimes, all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage.
– Don’t make money the priority, think long term and invest in improving yourself and your skills.
– But don’t let a situation come where you have to think twice to order a pizza.
– Stop impressing people, do it for yourself.
– Learn to say no. So powerful.
– Friday night isn’t about drinking or socializing. Know what makes you happy, do that!
– A lot of Sweetness is bad not only in your tea.
– Read a lot, and then take a walk.
– Hide some money in your inner wear. Always have a Plan B. Have Plan C in your head.
– No office work at home. Invest in other things.
– Know when to recharge. Everyone needs their ‘me’ time.
– Make food for your roommates, wash their dishes. Ask them do the same.
– Know important people in your life. Sometimes saying sorry is all it takes.
– Have a glass of water next to you at night. Drink a lot of water.
– Be the hardest and smartest worker in the room. There is no substitution to hard work.
– Balancing life is the key to a happiness. Work isn’t everything. Know this early.
– Be honest AND smart. Honesty wins trust, smartness takes you forward.
‘Til my next birthday.