What do you do when you have some time to spare?
Yups, you create your own series of Be Your Own Master Chef, cook a delicious dish and put them up in the internet. This was a long overdue and I always wanted to put up recipes of the dishes that I made.
There are tons of chicken curry recipes out there, but I wanted to share mine. It’s like ‘open-sourcing’ my own recipes, and you know, I’m a big advocate of open technologies and I love sharing.
Enough blabbering and let’s learn how to cook a mouthwatering chicken curry in under 60 minutes! Yaaaay!
Let’s start with the basic ingredients.
1) Mince ginger, garlic and chillies into small pieces and mix them. The quantity of garlic must be approx double the ginger.
(I used 8 small pieces of garlic, small slice of ginger and 3 pieces of green chillies)
2) Unlike Indian Chicken Curry, the chicken pieces and the seasonings contribute more to the taste of the final gravy. So, use less onions.
(I used 1/2 or 3/4 of a large onion)
4) I prefer boned chicken for this recipe. Boneless works as well, but trust me, boned for this one. Add some salt and mix well.
5) Show off. 😛
6) Heat oil to a big pan and add few Indian Bay Leaf and 10-15 fenugreek seeds. Fry them until the fenugreek seeds turn golden brown.
7) Add ginger, garlic and chilli mixture and fry them for one minute. Stir them well.
8) Add the chicken pieces and fry the chicken until white. Don’t worry if they aren’t properly cooked, we are going to cook them with gravy later.
9) Keep mixing the content for a total of 7-9 minutes.
12) Now the trick is to transfer the content into a different pan with less area and with some height. It would be difficult to get a good favor in the chicken if we use the same pan. (highly recommended)
13) After heating the new pan for a minute, add the tomatoes.
14) 1 tablespoon of curry masala or seasoning.
15) 1/2 tablespoon of ground cumin.
16) 2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
17) Add small glass of water and salt according to your taste.
(I added two tea spoon of salt)
18) Sprinkle half a lemon juice for a little bit of sour-y taste.
19) Let it boil for around 20 minutes. Till then you can clean up the mess you made. 😉
20) Served best with rice.